Date: March 6th
LOCATION: The Pisanello's Pizza in downtown Franklin, between Dayton and Cincinnati. Our event is open to all photographers and aspiring photographers in the greater Dayton and Cincinnati areas.
Meeting in upstairs on the 2nd Floor.
- 5:30pm to 6:30pm grab dinner and network/chat
- 6:30pm to 7:00pm announcements/business
- 7:00pm to 9:00pm Mike's presentation / questions
COST: Members and first time guests pay $10 All others pay $20. This helps us bring the best possible speakers and trainers to our monthly meetings.
Photoshop Workflow Automation: Instructor Mike Price
Time is a precious commodity. Time spent wrestling computers, software, and digital images in post processing is not nearly as valuable as time spent selling our services, creating great images, or even work/life balance time with family and friends.
Today's digital workflow can be a blessing or a curse depending on how much of your time it consumes. A manually intensive post production workflow can consume your free time, delay delivery of images to clients, and generally create a burden that dulls the excitement of the great images we create.
Join Mike Price as he explains a variety of time-saving techniques in your digital workflow that will appeal to a wide range of skill levels. Mike will focus on freeing up your time by speeding up your workflow by demonstrating:
- Working space organization on your desks
- Organizing your image folders
- File naming time savers
- Using metadata like keywords and IPTC fields in images
- Setting custom shortcut keys that fit your style
- Streamlining menus
- Creating and managing your most used tool presets
- Photoshop built-in tools that can save you time
- Move repetitive work into Photoshop Actions, Batches, and Droplets
- Inexpensive external tools to run Actions at the push of a button
- Demonstration of multiple elements described above to retouch an image quickly
- Combine images, text, and templates to create hundreds of customized images
- Overview of the power of scripting
BIO: Mike Price turned his part-time hobby into a full-time business 10 years ago to specialize in portraiture, events, and youth team and individual sports portraits. Prior to expanding Fairfield Photography into a full-time career, Mike worked in Corporate America for over 25 years in various leadership roles in information technology, project management, consulting, and sales. This deep experience in applying the right people, process, and technology in solving problems, coupled with the business and sales acumen developed over that time, has given Mike a powerful advantage in creating a customer service business that produces award-winning images. Mike holds a Bachelors of Applied Science from Miami University and a Masters of Business Administration from Franklin University. Based in Pickerington, a suburb of Columbus, Mike is an active member of the Professional Photographers of America, the Professional Photographers of Ohio, and currently the President and Executive Board Member of the Professional Photographers of Central Ohio.