Date: Monday, June 5th, 2017
Full day and evening class with national award winner Ted Linczak!
- 9:30 am – 5:30 pm: Canopy Creek Farm, 600 Benner Rd, Miamisburg, OH 45342
- *7:00 pm – 9:00 pm: Pisanello’s Pizza, 355 South Main St, Franklin, OH 45005 (Meeting in upstairs on the 2nd Floor.) *Business meeting at 6:45 pm
WHAT TO BRING:
Camera, note-taking materials, money for dinner on your own (lunch included in registration)
Advance registration: $59 PPSO & PPA Members / $69 non-members. $10 more at the door.
Register online at www.ppso.org/registration-2017-workshop
Our event is open to all photographers and aspiring photographers.
This is a certified PPA CE merit class. PPA members can receive one merit for attending this course.
BONUS: The first 25 to register will receive a $50 gift card to Nations Photo Lab and an Artsy Couture 30% off coupon!
The Fashion Inspired Wedding Day
Lighting, Posing & Composing for Impact
with Ted and Rachel Linczak
If you photograph people in any setting, you won’t want to miss this full-day, hands-on workshop, taught by Ted Linczak, M. Photog. Cr., and hosted by Professional Photographers of Southwest Ohio! Although taught through the “lens” of wedding photography, the skills you will take away can be applied to all portrait photography disciplines. Topics of discussion will include:
- The EIGHT most common light sources encountered during a wedding (or portrait shoot!), and how to use them the most e ectively to achieve drama in your images
- The importance of posing in helping to FLATTER your subject and add a whole new level of nesse to your work
- The science of composition, and why an in-depth understanding of where to place your subjects within a frame is CRUCIAL for images that carry impact
The class will culminate in a half-day shoot with several models, breaking down all of the principals covered earlier in the day in a real world setting. You will be able to see how all the puzzle pieces come together to create wedding or portrait images with a fashion feel. Be prepared to have a whole new perspective on your approach to portrait and wedding photography!
Ted and Rachel Linczak, M. Photog Cr., own photography studios in Ohio and South Carolina. In business since 2006, they are highly sought after for their wedding and portrait photography. Ted’s style is glamorous and combines high fashion with photojournalism, to create imagery that speaks to the relationship between his subjects. As an educator, Ted focuses on the fundamentals of beautiful posing, lighting and capturing the decisive moment. His recent achievements include
- Overall 2016 PPA Grand Imaging Award and ASP Gold Medallion Award for his album “1863”
- 2017 Ohio (PPO) Photographer of the Year
- 2015 Photographer of the Year in both Ohio and South Carolina (PPSC)
View more of Ted’s award-winning photography at www.linczakphoto.com.