The Benefits of being a member of Professional Photographers of SW Ohio
Benefits of Membership in PPSO
- Monthly meetings (with no additional charge for members) featuring high-quality speakers on photography technique and business topics geared to professional and aspiring professional photographers
- 25% savings on PPSO-sponsored all-day workshops featuring nationally-recognized speakers
- Free mentored photoshoots at area locations (bonus days)
- Two image competitions judged by PPA affiliated judges
- Opportunity to join a Certified Professional Photographer study group
- Networking with other local photographers
- Photographer picnic and holiday party
- Your business profile on PPSO website
- Raffle entry to win PPA membership or Imaging USA registration with each monthly meeting attended + extra raffle entry when bringing a photographer guest
Why join a professional photography organization?
We get it. You can Google any photography question and get an instant answer. You probably couldn’t watch all the available YouTube photography technique and business videos if you sat in front of your computer for a year. So why spend money to join a professional photography organization like PPSO? And if you already spend your hard-earned dollars on a PPA membership, why add a PPSO membership?
We think that articles and videos are great and have their place, but these just don’t replace hands-on and in-person learning on photography technique and business. Asking a video a question isn’t easy. The maker of the video might respond, but it will probably take a while. And having a real back-and-forth conversation is unlikely. When learning together in a group you can ask your own questions, learn from other people’s questions, get input, share ideas, and find out how others deal with issues you’d like help with. And let’s face it, we need to get out from behind cameras and computers and meet up with other people face-to-face whose company we enjoy and whose interests we share… people who become friends and who are there for you when you need them.
When you decide to join, one of our board members will gladly sponsor you
You can apply online here: Membership Application. The membership form asks you to name a sponsor. If you do not know anyone at PPSO to sponsor you, please attend a monthly meeting (free for first-time visitors), and ask one of the board members to be your sponsor.
If you have questions...
If you have questions, please send us your email and contact information using the contact form in the menu above. One of the PPSO board members will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Will PPSO really be a great fit for you? We don’t want concerns about that to keep you from trying out a membership. We are confident that our great speakers and friendly members make PPSO both a great value and a wonderful experience. For that reason, we offer new members a money-back guarantee! After attending at least four monthly meetings we are confident that you will feel that your membership fee of $99 is well worth the investment because of your growth as a photographer and a business. If not, we will fully refund your membership fee no questions asked.
If you are interested in what that PPSO has to offer, please join us for our next meeting. Attendance is free for first-time visitors! Click HERE for the topic and speaker at the next monthly meeting. Stay in touch by joining our mailing list to get email updates about upcoming opportunities to explore growth with PPSO.
- Active membership is extended to any individual engaged in any photographic profession who has taken the required steps to make their business legal entities within the state of Ohio. This applies to full and part time photographers.
- Aspiring membership is extended to any individual just beginning their career in photography. You are endeavoring to learn to be a professional in your photography business. You may be an aspiring member for two years. Aspiring members have no voting privileges. Print competitions for score only.
- Student membership is extended to any individual attending school as a full-time student majoring in photography. Student members have no voting privileges. Print competitions for score only.
- Associate membership is extended to any employee of an active member in good standing. Associate members have no voting privileges. Print competitions for score only.
Photographic Suppliers & Vendors Membership
- This membership is extended to any individual who works in a photography industry other than as a photographer or for vendors who wish to support our efforts to give continuing education to photographers in the region.